To facilitate capacity building processes among the vulnerable communities, development institutions and small scale enterprises. To this effect the organization fosters institutional strengthening and appraisal so as to realise equitable, sustainable and a fair playing ground for all people.
KEY AREAS OF FACILITATION AT COMMUNITY LEVEL
- Community capacity building in project management skills (Project cycle management- PCM) and leadership skills.
- Facilitating Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), Participatory Rural Learning and Action (PRLA), Participatory Integrated Development Approach (PIDA) visioning, Community dialogue oriented planning, Result oriented planning (ZOPP) and focused group discussions.
- Facilitating formation of community based organizations (CBOs) and strengthening their capacities to plan and implement development activities.
- Facilitating the stepping stone methodology (SSM) for community empowerment, needs assessment, planning and behaviour change in their own development initiatives. This process seeks to strengthen livelihoods of grass root communities to enhance their local assets and enabling them to better cope and become more resilient to the changing dynamics of social, economic and environmental conditions that influence their local production and reproduction systems.
- Training communities on rural savings, credit schemes, income activities and encouraging them to form savings and credit cluster